Hola! How was your day?? Mine was GREAT! It was a glorious day here today!
Nate and I took our drivers exam today (and both passed!) and got our Minnesota driver’s licenses! We just have to wait 4 weeks for them to come in the mail. But the real reason I’m here is because I have to share this AMAZING recipe for dinner! I got the recipe from HEAB, who made it for her husband last night for dinner! I was going to make stuffed peppers, but Nate and I are both getting sick of them. I had some ground turkey thawed, so I subbed that for the beef she used in her recipe!
Meatza – Makes 8 pieces
Here are the ingredients you will need:
– 1.25 lb ground turkey
– 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg whites
– 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
– 1 clove minced garlic
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
– 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese + more for pizza topping
– ~1 cup pizza sauce (I used tomato sauce and added salt and oregano)
– pizza toppings! (I used mushrooms, green peppers, and onions)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2. For the “crust”, combine the first six ingredients
3. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes
4. While the crust is baking, cut up all the fresh veggies and saute them until soft
5. Take out crust and drain off any fat
6. Top pizza with pizza sauce, sauteed toppings, and more mozzarella cheese
7. Broil until cheese is melted
I served mine on a bed of organic baby spinach and had a piece of locally made 7-grain whole wheat toast! Honestly, I didn’t need both pieces either. It was very filling!
Hope you enjoy the recipe! Please let me know if you try it and what you think! Big thanks to HEAB for the idea!